At BCT we are always looking for dedicated volunteers who want to make a difference here in the community by helping the elderly and disabled people who want to travel independently and also volunteer drivers to drive local community groups on their outings.
Volunteering is fun and fulfilling, allowing you to experience many diverse opportunities. If you feel that volunteering will help you and you want to learn more, and to see which of the available roles are suitable for you, please send us an email with a copy of your driving licence, current DBS certificate, (if held), along with your latest cv.
The available roles include:
- helping keep our small fleet on the road with checking consumables, tyres, bodywork
- minor maintenance
- removing seats to allow space for wheelchairs
- answering telephones
- general admin
- accounts support in our office at Edgware Community Hospital.
- become a member of our friendly management committee
- requires attendance at a 2 hour weekday meeting every two months on average and at our AGM.
- help with special events
- plan and implement fundraising activities under the supervision of the CEO
- if eligible, you will be able to undertake a MiDAS course and be trained to drive our accessible vehicles.
(* subject to age, experience, driving record and health requirements)